We are bringing back the Sunday Social Runs, starting on April 11th! We will be meeting at the Brittingham Park parking lot at 829 W Washington Ave at 8am. Please read through the expectations below before signing up to join us. We’d love to see you out there with us as we work on building a more inclusive running community.
COVID-19 UpdateDue to the recent impact of COVID-19 on our community, please check our Facebook page to determine which events may be postponed or cancelled. Stay healthy!
- This event has passed.
Sunday Social Run
April 18 @ 8:00 am - 10:00 am
An event every week that begins at 8:00 am on Sunday, repeating indefinitely
Our primary goal is to keep everyone safe. Please follow these guidelines when coming to a Sunday morning run:
- Wear a face covering that covers the nose and mouth before and after the run. These may be removed during the run.
- Follow social distancing as much as possible throughout the morning.
- When passing other people on our routes, please be courteous to keep 6 feet distance and/or raise your face covering during the pass. When coming from behind on a pass, announce yourself as to not startle others.
- Sign up online before coming out to a Sunday run. We will use this information to anticipate who is coming out and in case we need to notify the group of any potential exposure to a known COVID case. Please sign up for each Sunday Social Run you come out to separately.
NO RUNNER LEFT BEHIND
We are excited to announce our new initiative: No Runner Left Behind. At the beginning of the year the MSRC Board formed the MSRC Diversity and Inclusion Committee and their first goal was to create a welcoming environment for every runner, no matter the pace. Starting April 11th, they will be providing Pace Runners and Buddy Runners at every club run:
- The Pace Runners will be running the middle route at a designated pace (8, 9, 10, 11 min/miles).
- The Buddy Runners will be our biggest asset. They will be representing our NO RUNNER LEFT BEHIND initiative. Our Buddy Runners will make sure our runners stay safe and feel welcomed on the runs, no matter the pace and no matter the distance.
Additionally, we need everyone’s help to achieve our goal of NO RUNNER LEFT BEHIND. This initiative will help guide our actions within the MSRC as we build a more inclusive running environment.
We will now be offering 3 loops at the Sunday runs: A short loop (3-4 mile), middle loop (6-8 mile), and long loop (10-12 mile). While we are unable to use the store as a home base, we will be running the same route to keep everything simple.